Tuesday, July 21, 2009

So much to do

Well Facebook has taken over the blogs. I still want to keep this thing up though. It is the closest thing I have to a family scrapbook.
We have had a busy summer thus far. Still catching up from having baby last year and Tim's deployment. He has been home 8mths now. I don't remember having him here this long before and with just one tdy thrown in the mix. Yes this should be a good thing however, it just makes the deployments that much harder to endure when you get too use to having them home. It is best just to keep coming and going.
Tim is doing well. He has been taking a class here and there. Hopefully he will finish a degree by the time he leaves the Air Force in 5 years. He has 2 years 5 mths left to this tour. Hawaii is nice. Weather just about perfect all the time but we still long for the seasons. Drinking coffee when its cold and having an excuse to sit indoors and read because weather doesn't permit would be nice. I sure have struggled homeschooling this year due to the want for outside pleasures.
Cole will be in 6th grade this year. He swims and still plays the violin. Sheryl Shohet his violin teacher has been great for our family. She plays for the Symphony in Honolulu and is a very serious teacher who knows her stuff, makes it fun but demands good work from Cole and myself.
Sydney takes ballet and swims on the swim team too. We took Sydney to an audition for the Missoula Children's Theatre on base yesterday. She didn't get picked for a part. Tim called 3 times during rehearsal to see how it was going. We left and walked back home with tears in eyes. A very quiet walk with not much to say. She did her best and was crushed. Hard lessons. Nothing like Dad at the end of the day to give little girl a hug and tell her he loves her. It does make things better.
Mack....Well what do you say about him. You know, you give a kid a name like that, I guess you should expect him to live up to it. We struggle daily. He sad he can't help being bad he just does it. This brings us to a lot of biblical discussion. I hope the Lord continues to pierce his heart as he grows into the man God will have him be.
Nora makes everyone smile. All my kids have. They just seem to be magnets to the rest of the world. She is a show stopper in the grocery, beach and all around. I do get sad that she cannot share her joyfulness with those we are closest to. In Germany, Idaho, and NC we always have folks who genuinly want to see the children and can't wait to shake hands, hug or love on them. We don't have that here in Hawaii. We really haven't formed close relationships with anyone particular here.
There are seasons for everything I guess. I have begun to get more involved with Tim's squadron and the deployed spouse program. It involves calling and talking to others, checking in on families and finding out if they have needs that are not being met. Sometimes I get grateful folks who are thankful for the call other times, I get hung up on. I have pondered going back to school. Online is making that more possible. I hope that I can accomplish this while we are here. Like I don't have enough to do but here goes it needs to get done sometimes.
Time to start school again. Still need to order books and such. We are using Tapesty of Grace this year with Veritas for Bible and Teaching Textboks for math. I don't want to speak too soon but I think I may have found my groove with my curiculm.

No comments: